First Aid Training
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support. Once completed, participants will obtain a first aid certificate that is valid for two years.
The Apply First Aid course is an accredited course.
- The principes of first aid and its application
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cadiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes & epilepsy
Face-to-face training is held over two full days (16hours). This is a comprehensive course designed to provide the student with detailed content incorporating sufficient time for theory and practice. Our EMSPNG training centre can accommodate 30 students with ample space to practice First Aid skills.